Hop onboard the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner and enjoy a front-row seat to the natural beauty of California’s Central Coast. The Pacific Surfliner stops at several Central Coast locations where you can get outdoors and explore. Learn more about Pacific Surfliner stations at Simi Valley, Camarillo, Oxnard, Ventura, Santa Barbara, Lompoc, San Luis Obispo, and more.
- Plan Ahead and Book Early: Visit pacificsurfliner.com/holiday to check availability and book tickets. Tickets can also be purchased at Amtrak.com, from Quik-TrakSM ticket kiosks, from ticket windows at staffed Amtrak stations, on the Amtrak app, or by calling 800-USA-RAIL.
- Travel Responsibly: Follow safety measures and any important public health orders in place during your trip and at your destination. This includes wearing a mask at stations and onboard trains at all times, washing hands or using sanitizer often, and staying home if you are sick.
- Travel Off-Peak: When searching for travel during the all-reserved period, customers will see a volume percentage next to each trip option so they can get insight into specific trains that are less crowded. The percentage displayed is available in real-time when customers search for their train. These percentage numbers adjust dynamically in real time as more passengers make reservations.
- Cancel If You Need To: Amtrak has waived all change fees for reservations made by December 31, 2020. If you decide that you don’t want to take a trip, and prefer to cancel rather than postpone, please call 1-800-USA-RAIL and speak with an Amtrak agent.
- Check Train Schedules: Check holiday schedules and train status before arriving at the station on Twitter (@PacSurfliners), Amtrak.com, the Track A Train Map (on Amtrak.com), or the Amtrak app.
- Use an E-Ticket: When you book a ticket online or through the Amtrak app, you receive your ticket electronically. Save the ticket on your mobile device and present it to the conductor upon request. There’s no need to handle or keep track of a paper ticket. Please bring a valid photo ID.
Download or request a Central Coast Visitors Map here.
To further assist you in planning your Central Coast Road Trip, check out this helpful Itinerary here.
Discover all of California’s Central Coast Regions here.
Updated October 2020