Take a trip along the Central Coast (without ever having to leave your couch!)
Sit back, relax, and stream the sights and sounds of CALIFORNIA’S CENTRAL COAST via these webcams.
In the VENTURA REGION
Ventura County offers everything from whale-watching and the Channel Islands National Park to championship golf, world-class shopping, wine tours, and one of the best year-round climates North America has to offer.
Check the waves rolling in at one of Ventura’s most popular surf spots: Ventura C Street Surfline Cam.
Watch as paddle boarders, kayakers, and sail boats glide by in real time on the water at Ventura Harbor’s Entrance: Ventura Harbor Live Webcam.
Just off the coast of Ventura the truly spectacular Channel Islands—five natural jewels off shore—each with its own webcam.
– Stunning views of an amber colored kelp forest, home to nearly one thousand marine species: Channel Islands Kelp Forest Cam
– Incredible views of Channel Island National Park’s iconic Arch Rock, its historic lighthouse, seabird rookeries, sunsets and marine life: Anacapa Island Cove Cam
– Just outside a cave on California’s remote Anacapa Island lives a family of peregrine falcons. Since 2013, the adult couple has nested here. Watch as they lay and protect their eggs and feed and nurture their hatchlings until they are ready to fledge: Anacapa Peregrine Falcon Cam
– The top of Mount Diablo, also known as Devil’s Peak, is the tallest mountain on California’s Channel Islands. Here, 2,429 feet above the ocean, keep an eye out for stunning sunsets, crashing waves, curious foxes, and soaring eagles: Mount Diablo on Santa Cruz Cam
– Scattered throughout the Channel Islands, the Bald Eagle webcams provide an up close and intimate view nest-eye views of bald eagles. The National Park Service and its partners have set up webcams that bring live, streaming images of bald eagle nests into the schools and homes of millions of Americans—and it is stirring stuff: Bald Eagle Cams
In the SANTA BARBARA REGION
In the SAN LUIS OBISPO REGION
With historic missions and a bustling college town, San Luis Obispo County includes irresistible beach communities and an international reputation for winemaking.
Bring San Simeon’s wildlife right to your home with the Friends of the Elephant Seal Live Beach Cam. Stream the Piedras Blancas Rookery all day long and observe elephant seals sparing, curious pups roaming the beach and adults heading back out to sea. Tune in to the Ventana Wildlife Society’s Condor Cam for a look at the condor’s lively nests and the large condors in flight along the coastline.
Take an inside look into life in Arroyo Grande, including Lopez Lake. From fishing, hiking and cycling around the area to sunsets and stunning views, there is something everyone can enjoy watching on this 805 HD webcam from the comfort of home!
In the MONTEREY BAY REGION
Monterey Region is nestled along the breathtaking Central Coast of California, and is the ideal destination to help relax, invigorate and inspire. Loaded with unique activities and sights that you can only see here, it’s a perfect getaway location.
You can take a peek inside the world-famous Monterey Bay Aquarium and be delighted by the antics of sea otters, watch African penguins waddle and nest or mellow out to the hypnotic drifting of the jellies. Experience the wonder of the ocean no matter where you are with Monterey Bay Aquarium’s nine live cams.
Further north in Santa Cruz County, Año Nuevo State Park is home to Elephant Seals. This camera provides displays several angles for 30 seconds before panning to the next position. Año Nuevo Island is not accessible for the general public. It has been set aside as a Natural Preserve, dedicated as habitat for a diversity of wildlife.
Santa Cruz is known for its beaches and surfing spots. Take a look at the iconic surf spot, Steamer Lane.
Ahhh, these live streaming videos are great, but let’s be honest – there’s nothing like visiting the Central Coast in person. Get off your couch and make your own California Road Trip now. Download or request a Central Coast Visitors Map here.
To further assist you in planning your Central Coast road trip, check out this helpful Itinerary here.